- Support from KDS professional staff to thoroughly understand the needs, resources and constraints of the district. KDS provides full-time staff focused on unpacking existing data in the district, careful study of staffing, and policy to help ensure that the custom design of the program is authentic and inclusive of all stake-holders.
- For a multi-year plan, KDS will provide a full-time Implementation Director who is embedded in the district. This person is an expert in education and has deep experience in complex project management in a district setting. He or she will become the right arm of the lead project director within the district and ensure that the planning and service delivery occur seamlessly.
3. Program Launch
- The KDS Implementation Director will execute on the collaborative implementation plan according to the details confirmed in the first two phases. The plan will include Leadership development, detailed communication protocols, and scaled enrollment for participating educators in online courses designed to address their specific needs.
4. Ongoing Support
- Throughout the duration of the partnership, KDS will provide rich data analysis to provide a visual record of engagement in the professional learning and improvements. Having a full-time implementation director relieves SFUSD of the burden of constant attention to logistical details and affords SFUSD the opportunity to review progress and provide guidance on tactical decisions as the program unfolds.
- After the first year of implementation, KDS will sit down with SFUSD to review initial results and update the implementation plan for the coming year. We’ll celebrate successes and modify any areas of the implementation that need improvement. This methodology will ensure the ongoing ability of the district to make substantial strides in reducing the achievement gap and retaining top-quality teachers in the district.